From: Paul Selormey (paul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-25 07:59:09

John Maddock:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/proposals/exregex.htm
> In short it depends on what you are trying to do (as ever). BTW I have
> never got GRETA to compile with anything other than VC7, but maybe Eric
can
> jump in and correct me there...

Hmmm, this is the kind of situation I was expecting - the results should
depend largely
on what you are doing. Glad I got another view of the test. Naturally,
competitive tests
are performed to exploit one's best :-)
Just like the Nile application, which is supposed to prove that ASP.NET runs
faster than
ATL Server - who in his right mind will use ATL Server for an application
which simply
retrieves information from database and throws it on web page? :-((

Brother Eric, please challenge John Maddock's test or correct the impression
in the
Greta documentations.

Anyway, still trying to download the Greta :((

Best regards,
Paul.