From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-26 07:30:14

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <andrewalex_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> >
> > If you're trying to imply I was pretending program size is not a
> > serious issue, please take it back.
>
> Why all the defensiveness?

Possibly just too little sleep at work. However, when someone posts:

   "I am mildly surprised that some people pretend that that's not a
    problem."

one begins to wonder who "some people" are. AFAICT I was the only
person who posted anything that could be construed as minimizing the
issue up to that point...

If you're talking about "some (other) people" I withdraw my request
that you take it back, and instead ask that you briefly review the
thread and make sure you know which posts you were referring to.

Given recent events I'm reluctant to use the term "sniping", but
that's sorta what it felt like.

--
                    David Abrahams