From: Terje Slettebø (tslettebo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-28 06:11:37

>From: "Lars Gullik Bjønnes" <larsbj_at_[hidden]>

> Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> | Doug Gregor, Jaakko Jarvi, and Gary Powell were at the meeting, and
> | worked until 3 AM revising and syncing their proposals. These
> | revisions were accepted by the LWG, and then the full committee, so
> | function object wrappers and tuples became the first libraries
> | formally accepted for the Library TR. Congratulations!
>
> With Boost.Function becomming part of the Standard, where does
> Boost.Bind stand?

In the pipeline, I guess. Since the following is a publicly available
document on the Library TR at the WG21 site, I guess it's ok to post a link
to it (http://anubis.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2002/n1361.html).
It covers 15 proposals for the TR, the vast majority are Boost libraries,
and Boost.Function and Boost.Tuples are two of them.

Since this was written post-Curacao (the previous standards meeting), where
the authors of the libraries were encouraged to submit formal proposals, it
wasn't that surprising that these were then reviewed at the following,
recent, Santa Cruz meeting. :)

Regards,

Terje