From: joerg sauer (sauer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-28 07:40:21

Hi,
I installed boost::regex (Version 1.28.0) as described in the install
section of the manual.
(Using nmake -fvc6-stlport.mak and setting STLPORT_PATH)
the installation worked fine and compilation of a simple test project in
debug mode too.

But if I try to compile the release build I allways get a linker error:
search_functors.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall boost::re_detail::raw_storage<class
boost::detail::allocator_adapter<char,class boost::detail::simple_alloc>
>::raw_storage<class boost::detail::allocator_adapter<char,class
boost::detail::simple_alloc> >(class
re_detail::detail::allocator_adapter<char,class boost::detail::simple_alloc>
const &)"
(??0?$raw_storage_at_V?$allocator_adapter_at_DVsimple_alloc_at_detail@boost@@@detail@
boost@@@re_detail_at_boost@@QAE_at_ABV?$allocator_adapter_at_DVsimple_alloc_at_detail@bo
ost@@@detail_at_2@@Z)

My project is building a dll (multithreaded).

As I figured out in debug build the boost_regex_vc6-stlport_mdid.lib is
used.
In release build the boost_regex_vc6-stlport_mdi.lib should be used, as I
think.

In my project file I only set the include path to boost as stated in the
manual.
I tried to directly link to boost_regex_vc6-stlport_mdi.lib by including it
in the linker section of the project file but
it has not worked out.

Could somebody please tell me what's wrong??

Environment:
VC6.0 SP4
STLPort 4.5.3
win 2000 SP2

Thanks in advance
Joerg

PS: As far as I know there are no changes to regex in boost_1_29_0, so I
have not tried to use boost_1_29_0 yet.