From: Peter Simons (simons_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-30 10:20:22

David Abrahams writes:

>> - The documentation system MUST have support for arbitrary character
>> sets, preferably Unicode.

> Why?

Because everything else is a one-way road. We might see the day that
people are translating the documents into other languages, for
instance, and then it would be very annoying if they had to use a
different documentation format just because the one we chose can't
display an Umlaut -- or Chinese, for that matter.

Or consider someone trying to write some instructive examples in the
documentation of the (unfortunately still to-be-written) Boost.Unicode
library ...

        -peter