From: Daryle Walker (dwalker07_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-04 02:11:07

This is for numeric types that model real numbers.

Numeric types use operator++ to update an object to its current value
plus one. For integral types, this is equivalent to getting the next
representable value. This is not true for non-integral types. I think
the non-integral real types that are built-in or in Boost (like
boost::rational) use the plus-one meaning of operator++. However, they
may not have functions to update to the next representative value. I
think IEEE and C99 define such functions for the built-in floating
types. We should do something for our numeric types. (I don't think
the next-rational is easy to determine.)

Of course, we need to define similar stuff for operator--.

Daryle