From: John Maddock (jm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-07 06:36:42

> Recently there was discussion about renaming
>
> boost/type_traits/is_POD.hpp

> boost/type_traits/is_pod.hpp
>
> IIRC, someone actually renamed the ",v" file on the CVS server. This
> doesn't quite work. One should COPY the ",v" file to the new name, and
> then "cvs remove" the old name from the trunk. Finally, one should "cvs
> remove" the NEW name from any release branches and use "cvs tag -d" to
> delete the sticky-tags on the branches from the NEW name.

We know, but are dependent upon sourceforge staff making the changes for us.
CVS doesn't seem to want to allow too versions of the file with the same
name (but different cases) in the repository either :-(

> All of this is to avoid the problem I just encountered. I checked out
> version Version_1_29_0 from CVS, only to discover that the "is_POD.hpp"
> header is not found.

Again we know and it's a pain.

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm