From: Geoff Leyland (geoff.leyland_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-08 03:40:07

Hi,

I've got an oldish bit of code that manages file paths on windows, unix
and mac. It's not nearly as full-featured as the filesystem path stuff,
so obviously I'd like to replace it with the filesystem library.
However, the filesystem library doesn't seem to manage mac paths, which
I still need to do. I've had a look at the code, and it's not really
clear how one is supposed to add support for new path types.

There's a path object that does windows and unix paths, and a comment
that this could be implemented differently for other platforms. But
there's no path superclass or anything.

In my implementation, I have a general path object (a vector of strings
as opposed to a single string, but I don't think that matters), and a
bunch of path interpreters. When a string gets passed to a path
constructor, each of the path interpreters has a go at guessing whether
it can interpret the path. (Or at least that's what it's meant to do,
it's not quite that elegant).

So, how should I go about adding mac support for paths?

cheers,
goof

--
"One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in."
- Wayne Gretzky