From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-08 15:09:18

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <andrewalex_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "Paul Mensonides" <pmenso57_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> [about a C++ preprocessor]
>> This one I'd like to see, but it might be too easy. There isn't much to
>> Cpp.
>
> Explain this to the MSVC and MWCW folks. They both got it wrong. That's the
> main reason for which I'd like an open-source, good quality C++
> preprocessor.
>
> And by the way, I understand some preprocessors take a pathologically long
> time with the Preprocessor Library

Only if you use it in pathological ways ;-). For example, it's
important to have a healthy percentage of vertical repetition in any
moderately complex usage. However, you want that for other reasons,
like debuggability. The PP lib has been nicely speed-tuned to work
fast enough even with our "most competent" compilers <wink>.

> (something I'm too scared to look at)

<g> Be bold!

--
                       David Abrahams