From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-09 03:11:36

Fellow Boost Members,

I have just loaded the latest version of the serialization library (serialization6.zip)
to the files section.

changes from previous versions include:

1) A demo addressing the issue of plug-ins and global registration.

2) The library now will properly serializes polymorphic pointers to objects
derived from multiple base classes.

3) solving the above required building a module void_cast for converting void pointers
between pointer types using the prototype:

        void * void_cast(const type_info & from, const type_info &to, void *source)

Someone might find some other use for this this - though I can't imagine what
it would be.

4) corrections of other minor errors.

5) in order to use the library, you will have to have boost 1_29_0 or better installed

Robert Ramey