From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-12 22:56:21

"Joel de Guzman" <djowel_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > class c2 : public column_name<calculated_column<c2, int, Fn> {};
>
> I think public isn't needed.

True.

> > tuple[c1()] = 5;
> > int n = tuple[c2()];
> >
> > Note that passed objects are light-weight, so we don't pay much penalty
for
> > their construction even if the optimization isn't done.
>
> Oh, I'm sure it will be optimized!

I do believe you :-)

However, I think it may be slightly cleaner not to rely on this. First,
there is a debug version, and then, the optimization may be switched off
(for whatever reason). And besides, we were only able to remove the need in
the COLUMN macro because we separated the class used for the column
identification from the class used to provide the placeholder for the value.

Arkadiy