From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-12 21:38:57

>From: Alberto Barbati <abarbati_at_[hidden]>
>Hi David,

>1) I don't like the non-intrusive way of specifying the
>version/save/load operation.

a non-intrusive method is required to implement serialization for classes that
you don't want to change. For example, the library includes serialization
for all STL containers with without changing STL itself. This would
permit easy and optional addition of serialization to any class that
might benefit from it

>2) A most needed addition to the design is to provide a sort of
"registry" object.....

This has been a hot topic. It is really not possible to achieve the
desired results. I will add a section to th rationale explaining this
in detail,

>- What is your evaluation of the documentation?

>One note: the library, as it is, *does not* support Unicode output, as
>stated. The library supports wide streams, yes, but that does not mean
>Unicode support.

So what do I have to do exactly in the warchive specialization to generat
Unicode output?

>On VC++ 7.0 (.NET) it all went good at the first try. However the
>restriction, cited in the documentation, of having to add /OPT:NOREF to
>the linker options is too hard to swallow.

I agree that this is exceedingly annoying. I am looking into it.

Robert Ramey