From: Dirk Gerrits (dirk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-15 11:28:53

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

> Rozental, Gennadiy wrote:
>
> >Also is there gen_scattered/linear_hierarchy implementation
> >somewhere for MPL sequenses?
>

> MPL's 'inherit_linearly' algorithm + 'inherit' metafunction (in the
> CVS now)
> cover both of these. Please see
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/boost/boost/libs/m
> pl/example/inherit_linearly.cpp and
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/boost/boost/libs/m
> pl/example/inherit_multiply.cpp for the corresponding examples.

This is some very cool stuff!

However, the way I understand it, inherit_linearly takes a type sequence
(like mpl::list) as an argument and inherit takes the types themselves
as arguments. I'd like to have an inherit that takes a type sequence as
an argument, instead of or in addition to the current inherit. This is
because I need to do some Modern-C++-Design-ish stuff which needs a
scattered hierarchy instead of a linear one.

Regards,
Dirk Gerrits