From: Jaakko Jarvi (jajarvi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-15 11:37:19

> > Don't know about state of the art, but this library tries to do a
> > decent job:
> >
> > libs/named_template_parameters in boost sandbox.
> >
> Opps! In my previous message (hope it arrives before this one);

No it didn't :)

I asked you
> to give me an example of how to use it...
> But I missed the "/lib" part... I just looked at the header file.

Yes, the documentation is quite detailed. That's actually what the
"library" really is, a set of conventions. The header is really tiny.

The intention was to submit named parameters as a separate library. It was
already discussed some months ago. There was some controversy, mainly
someone wanted even more general mechanism, which was syntactically a bit
heavier.

I'll look through the code and docs and see
if all still makes sense. If so I'll go ahead and request a
formal review. And if you need the library now, just go ahead and grab
it and use it. It's just a one small include file, the location of which
is easy to change, if it becomes a boost library, instead of an internal
part of your library.

/Jaakko