From: Matthias Troyer (troyer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-17 18:22:50

We use both XML and binary XDR formats for serialization in our
applications: XML for short files and for meta-information, files in
XDR and/or HDF5 for large data sets. While I can imagine a
serialization of a class into XML as part of a serialization library
like the one proposed, I cannot easily imagine deserialization in the
framework of the current library. It would need a full XML parser,
which does not yet exist in boost.

Matthias