From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-18 09:05:16

> From: "Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]>
> >
> > Anyway, my conclusion is there is nothing preventing using
> > serialization for XML other than the time and energy to do
> > it.
>
> As I already said, my experience is that this theory sometimes proves wrong.

I understand. And I would like to see a more complete evaluation of this issue.
However, this thread started b/c of 2 posts that from Robert and Matthias that
led me to believe there was something about the design that would prevent
extending to XML. I was curious b/c I hadn't seen anything that was a blocker.
After further discussion it appears I over extended their comments. So
I am back to where I started -- I currently don't see a reason that
the library design prevents extensions for XML formats -- doesn't
mean that it is guaranteed, just that it isn't obviously broken.

Jeff