From: Thomas Matelich (tmatelich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-21 18:17:40

"Dirk Gerrits" <dirk_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Thomas Matelich wrote:
>
> > Anyway, seemed like a nice package for general use. My company is
> > currently in love with XML, so I probably wouldn't be using it for our
> > commercial products.
>
> Maybe you missed it due to only skimming the documentation, but it is
> possible to write your own archive types for use with the library. An
> XML output archive should be pretty easy, and I imagine that given an
> XML parser, an input archive should also be quite feasable.

I didn't miss it and considered it, but XML usually names its elements.
That meta-data is an important part of validation and the free-form lovefest
that makes XML popular. There is no way that I saw, given the abstract
interface of the archives, to name the string that I put into the archive.
Perhaps that could be an extension.