From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-23 23:32:08

David Abrahams wrote:
> "Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > 4) The MPL team used another Wiki to develop documentation.
> > Not sure how that worked. Aleksey care to comment?
>
> I can tell you that it ended up being pretty one-sided. It was great
> for Aleksey - he had the whole Wiki on his local machine

To clarify - at one point of time; when things were moved to
www.mywikinet.com, I lost my privileges :).

I'll let Emily speak for herself, but IMO the collaboration part of doing
the docs in Wiki works pretty good. The main reason I switched to DocBook
later was the lack of the semantic/structural markup and all the nice
benefits it brings along (different output formats, automatic TOC
generation, better cross-reference capabilities, et al.).

> and could edit pages in his favorite editor

Actually I _always_ edit them in the edit box in browser; it doesn't bother
me much.

Aleksey