From: Daryle Walker (dwalker07_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-24 18:54:52

I haven't looked at the serialization library that was just under
review, so my questions are based on looking at reviews on this list.

The pre-standard stream classes did everything within themselves. The
current classes don't do too much at all. The object-to-text
conversion is handled by locales. The character source/sink issues are
handled by stream-buffers. The current stream classes just connect the
other items together in an easy package. Do the serialization class
use the same philosophy? I think it is very nice and the serialization
classes should switch to it if it is not used. However, some of the
reviews gave very detailed reorganization suggestions, so take those
into account too.

Daryle