From: John Maddock (jm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-27 06:48:46

> My group is looking at using some Boost libraries.
> However we have to support HP versions of our applications.
> There doesn't seem to be much aCC usage in this mailing list
> (at least that came up when searching the archive).
>
> Have people had real problems? What is the history?
> Is anyone successfully using boost on HP? (The compile logs indicate no).
>
> The guy who installed boost here said he couldn't get it to work, but
> I don't know if it's b/c he did something wrong, or if aCC just isn't
> up to the task.
>

> Thanks for any information you can provide.

We're really looking for someone to take on the task of running regular
regression tests for that compiler. A good start would be to check the
boost.config to see how accurate it is (see the boost config docs for
instructions on testing the config). After that it's a case of trying the
libraries you want to use to see if they build or not - all the boost
libraries come with some fairly strong regression tests, so you should be
able to work out quite quickly where there are any problems.

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm