From: Iain K.Hanson (iain.hanson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-27 10:39:11

[snip]
> Perhaps
> a special clause that the software does not infringe on any known
> patents or copyrights, but comes with no other warranties? I
> have no idea
> what the legal status of such claims are, however.

Thats not possoible imho. It may have expired now, but I remember IBM
filed a patent (US) in the late 80's oe earlier 90's on Finite State
Machines,
The general form of FSM.

Such a patent is clearly bogus and the defence of prior art would suceed.
But I
doubt that any boost author wishes to open themselves up to having to defend
a patent writ.

/ikh