From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-27 14:48:48

At 11:38 AM 11/26/2002, Samuel Krempp wrote:

>So I can only look at the daily regression results..

Since you are looking at the results, you might whack away at the
Metrowerks errors (see below).

The error "undefined identifier" on an identifier other compilers are
finding is usually caused by Metrowerks correct implementation of two-phase
name lookup detecting an error that is slipping by other compilers. The
usual case I've seen is the need to qualify the name in questions with a
templated class name (usually a base class name) (with parameters),
although the problem you seem to be having is sometimes with an enum.

AFAIK, Metrowerks is correct, and the other compilers intend to detect
these errors in the future.

The fix is usually to add qualification. For example,
foo::out_of_range_bit.

Hope this helps,

--Beman

### mwcc Compiler:
# In: ..\boost\format\format_implementation.hpp
# From: ..\libs\format\test\format_test1.cpp
# ---------------------------------------------
# 154: if( exceptions() & out_of_range_bit )
# Error: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
# undefined identifier 'out_of_range_bit'
# (included from:
# format.hpp:50
# format_test1.cpp:1)
### mwcc Compiler:
# 155: boost::throw_exception(out_of_range()); // arg not in
range.
# Error: ^
# undefined identifier 'out_of_range'
# (included from: