From: Alisdair Meredith (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-29 14:07:47

Samuel Krempp wrote:

> Is it really enough to get boost.format to compile with BCB 5 ?

OK, finally got the latest version into our builds.

Looks good, but I found the following change significantly reduced our
number of warnings:

boost/format.hpp:

was

#if !defined(BOOST_MSVC) || BOOST_MSVC > 1300
#define BOOST_OVERLOAD_FOR_NON_CONST
#endif

now

#if !defined( __BORLANDC__ ) && !defined(BOOST_MSVC) || BOOST_MSVC >
1300
#define BOOST_OVERLOAD_FOR_NON_CONST
#endif

I'm not sure what this code does, as turning it off seems to be an
MS-specific hack. What features is this intended for?
[With this define enabled, BCB binds all function returns to the
non-const version and then complains that it has done so.]

--
AlisdairM