From: Alexander Terekhov (terekhov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-02 05:12:30

Carl Daniel wrote:
[...]
> I think you're spot-on, and the Brittish would say. Isn't posting something
> to usenet considered to put that posting into the public domain?

No.

> While boost is a mailing list, it's also being mirrored onto an NNTP server,
> and onto more than one web-based searchable archive which require no
> authentication/membership/agreement/etc whatsoever.

That doesn't really matter. Quoting/archiving articles is commonly attributed
to the use of "fair use" and "implied license" theories/doctrines/rights/
whatever-you-call-it.

Publishing IP stuff [w/o NDA/etc., I mean] MAY have consequences with respect
to {im}possible forthcoming *patent protection*, however.

regards,
alexander.