From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-07 09:36:08

Douglas Gregor <gregod_at_[hidden]> writes:

> On Saturday 07 December 2002 06:47 am, John Maddock wrote:
>> Maybe we need something new for those folks: something like
>> BOOST_NO_WORKAROUNDS or whatever, that disables all compiler workarounds?
>> To keep things centralised BOOST_NO_WORKAROUNDS should be defined by the
>> compiler config when the compilers version is greater than the last known
>> version and BOOST_STRICT_CONFIG is set, then boost workaround-code need
>> only check for the presence of BOOST_NO_WORKAROUNDS or whatever in addition
>> to the compiler version.
>>
>> How does this sound?
>>
>> John Maddock
>> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm
>
> I like it.

I don't (yet). Why do we need yet another macro which means "turn off
the workarounds?" Would BOOST_STRICT_CONFIG then be obsolete?

Maybe I just don't understand the proposal, and code would help. Can
you show us a rewrite of boost/detail/workaround.hpp that would
correspond to what you're proposing?

--
                       David Abrahams