From: David A. Greene (greened_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-09 14:04:46

Roland Richter wrote:

> I would like to announce that I finally imported the first set
> of Boost.View classes to the Boost-Sandbox CVS.

> + What is it?

> A view is a light-weight, immutable decorator to some existing data.
> Usually, it will provide the same interface as a STL container.

Does this mean a view is mutable? For example, using Boost.View,
can I write a bounded<std::list> that automatically drops the
last element on push_front if size() is at some upper limit value
before adding the new element? This is the sort of thing I
needed when I originally wrote the message you referenced. It
turns out I needed a few more things as well and I wrote a
fairly complex (much too complex) container adaptor library
to do it. Some other interesting things came out of it, though,
which I may get around to posting for comment. Someday. :)

                         -Dave

--
"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
  and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson