From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-09 16:28:43

At 09:30 AM 12/4/2002, David Abrahams wrote:

>"Joel de Guzman" <djowel_at_[hidden]> writes:
>> As soon as the review requests are fulfilled... I do not have a
>> definite time when that will be. Most of the items in the to do
>> list are easy. However, there are some quite sticky items
>> such as the Phoenix/BLL issue that I am starting to address
>> right now. FWIW, Spirit is 100% compatible with 1.28 and
>> 1.29. Should the boost folks allow, a post review version that
>> addresses 95% of the review can perhaps be incorporated into
>> a pre-1.30 boost distribution.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
>Once a library is accepted, it is up to the library author if, and on
>what schedule, review remarks are addressed. My advice is to check
>Spirit into the Boost CVS tree as soon as it makes sense for the
>Spirit development schedule.

Yes, after a library is accepted it is usual to give the developers write
access to the Boost CVS and they can start committing stuff.

For a new library, it may be useful to have some other Booster look at the
directory and file names to make sure they in the boost hierarchy. It is a
pain-in-the-wherever to commit a new library and then have to rename a
bunch of files an directories right away.

If the code being checked in is unstable then it might be a good idea to
check it in on a development branch, and only merge into the main trunk
when the code is stable. Otherwise you might have to respond to queries
about issues you already know about.

It helps release quality if code is ready and in the main trunk well before
a release, too.

--Beman