From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-10 13:18:24

Long time ago I inquired if it would be a good idea to provide STL extensions
in boost that are not implemented by all STL's. IIRC David A responded that
boost/compatibility was intended for this.

So I finally started with implementing is_sorted and iota. Also as David
Abrahams suggested, I've put them in the boost namespace (but they reuse the
implementation in the std namespace if available). The definitions are also
located in a file with the same name (except for the attached .hpp
extension) as defined by the SGI/STL.

I propose to put these in the boost/compatibility directory. Opinions ?