From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-11 08:14:35

"Joel de Guzman" <djowel_at_[hidden]> writes:

> The arrangement is basically based on trust while I control and sort-of
> police Spirit's core. This arrangement might not be acceptable to boost
> once Spirit is checked in its CVS. What might be a nice strategy is to
> continue with the current Spirit-CVS as a sandbox where ideas and
> prototypes are developed while more stable snapshots are sent of to
> Boost's CVS.
>
> Thoughts?

I worry a little about this arrangement. I don't want to slow down
Spirit development, but it seems likely that fixes will sometimes want
to be committed to the Boost CVS by Boost developers (say, when a
backwards-incompatible change in another library breaks some part of
Spirit). Maybe we should just give all of your core developers CVS
access to Boost...?

-Dave

--
                       David Abrahams