From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-12 08:40:29

On Wednesday 11 December 2002 22:11, Herve Bronnimann wrote:
> There was also some work on algorithms. I have taken a very close look
> at binary trees, and priority queues (Dietmar Kuehl's beta submission),
> and linear-time sorting (radix, etc.) which is in the sandbox. I've also
> implemented a full-fledged policy-based vector (again in the sandbox).

Interesting.
My intention was to provide the extensions of the SGI STL for every other STL
if not present. Your scope is clearly much larger. You however, even if the
algorithm is provided by the STL, do not use it but still use your own
definition (e.g. iota).

> Before you duplicate existing work, I should signal that Jeremy created
> a sequence_algo in boost-sandbox, and I contributed a more compact
> implementation of is_sorted there. In addition, there is:
>
> template <class ForwardIterator, class T>
> void iota(ForwardIterator first, ForwardIterator last, T value);
>
> template <typename InputIterator, typename T>
> bool contains(InputIterator first, InputIterator last, T value);
>
> template <typename InputIterator, typename Predicate>
> bool all(InputIterator first, InputIterator last, Predicate p);
>
> template <typename InputIterator, typename Predicate>
> bool none(InputIterator first, InputIterator last, Predicate p);
>
> template <typename InputIterator, typename Predicate>
> bool any_if(InputIterator first, InputIterator last, Predicate p);
>
> template<class ForwardIterator>
> bool is_sorted(ForwardIterator first, ForwardIterator last);
>
> template<class ForwardIterator, class StrictWeakOrdering>
> bool is_sorted(ForwardIterator first, ForwardIterator last,
> StrictWeakOrdering comp);
>

> Please take a look at boost-sandbox/boost/sequence_algo/, especially:
> algorithm.hpp
> container_algo.hpp
> non-modifying.hpp
> as well as at boost-sandbox/boost/linear_sort, and
> boost-sandbox/boost/policy_vector if you like.

Are these functions all 'known' extensions or 'invented' by you (in the
latter case, is there documentation although it's kind of self-documenting).
Anyway, I like it ! Except for the name of the directory it is in maybe.
And do you plan to add it to boost ?

toon