From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-12 08:54:46

On Thursday 12 December 2002 01:06, Jeremy Maitin-Shepard wrote:
> It seems quite clear from the Boost.Compatbility rationale that extensions
> to the C++ standard library do not belong in it.
OK. And indeed boost _is_ an extension. So I think it makes sense to
implement all these extensions in boost also (as Herve has done) and provide
them in the boost namespace.

My only remaining question is : if the STL (used by the developer) already
provides the algorithm (in the std namespace however), would'nt it be better
to reuse it. Maybe that algorithm is written in a way to offer the best
performance with that compiler ?

toon