From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-17 10:10:17
(You can ignore this message unless you run Boost regression testing
We are making some reliability enhancements to the regression testing
* boost-root/tools/build/testing.jam changes ensure that changes to a
library force dependencies to be rebuilt and rerun, and ensure that library
build failures cause dependencies to also be reported as failed.
* An bjam option (--dump-tests) causes an output message associating test
names with the test program. That increases reliability of status report
* The boost-root/tools/regression/process_jam_log.cpp and
compiler_status.cpp programs have been updated to make use of the bjam and
testing.jam improvements, and to work with the current filesystem library
These changes are checked into CVS on a "sane-testing" branch. Affected
AFAIK, the changes are all working right now, and I'll switch the Win32
tests over today. But I'll delay merging the sane-testing branch in CVS
until Friday to give users a bit of advance notice of the change.
To change to the new setup, do this:
* Rebuild bjam.
* Delete all bin directories (residue files are different).
* Change scripts to add the bjam --dump-tests option.
* Rebuld status reporting programs (use .../tools/regression/build/Jamfile)
Thanks to Dave Abrahams for the bjam and testing.jam improvements!
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk