From: Pavol Droba (droba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-19 13:32:57

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 12:04:03PM -0500, David Abrahams wrote:
> David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > Pavol Droba <droba_at_[hidden]> writes:
> >
> >> but I'm wondering, why it is not documented, or at least mentioned somewhere?
> >> There are more of such useful headers in boost/detail directory, which are used
> >> by various libraries. Whouldn't it make sense to write a simple doc mentioning
> >> all this utilities, so people don't have to invent a wheel again and
> >> again?
> >
> > Be my guest ;-)
> >
> > The hardest part of writing libraries is certainly documenting them.
> > Speaking for myself, I'm lazy, and only wish to spend the effort to
> > document libraries I'm going to release to the world.

I know what do you mean, I'm working on string_algo library for boost,
and (un)fortunately, I'm getting the to stage where I have to write documentation :(
For me it is the hardest part of work ...

> Pavol,
>
> I just realized the above might sound discouraging... I really *would*
> encourage you to document the useful utilities so we can make them an
> official part of boost. That file in particular might be good as part
> of the compatibility library.

Well, I might try if I find a time for doing it:)

Anyway, what I would like to suggest in the mean time, is to at least make a
summary of these utilities, so that boost developers have a place where they
can check, if something they need, does not already exists.
I don't know the place and the form, I think it would be useful.

Regards,

Pavol