From: Alisdair Meredith (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-20 12:34:24

Beman Dawes wrote:

> Pavel Vozenilek mentioned in private email that Borland had a C++ Builder
> Update 3 at ftp://ftp.borland.com/pub/bcppbuilder/devsupport/patches/bcpp6/
>
> After I had downloaded and installed the update, I found they had never
> announced it publicly. But it is available on a public ftp server, so I
> guess that counts.
>
> Compiler version (__BORLANDC__) went to 0x0562.

That patch has not been publically released yet, and has been the
subject of some debate in the borland newsgroups.

Last I heard it was a 'public beta' although the announcement for this
has not been released either. Whether or not this is the 'final' beta
or simply an internal test of the build system when it is ready is
uncertain.

It is certainly not supported by borland, although it seems quite a few
people a running it now.

I would recommed running the boost tests with only the second patch
though, as that is the 'official' borland version.

--
AlisdairM