From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-20 12:59:31

I want to second what Alisdair has said. The FTP patch #3 is not supported
by Borland in any way and is labelled a beta. The only comment by Borland on
the BCB NGs is that it is a beta and is completely unofficial. That BCB6
programmers may have downloaded it from the FTP site to try out does not
mean that it is supported or even that when and if Borland does release a
patch #3 officially, it will contain the same fixes as in the FTP patch #3
beta. I strongly suggest that Boost not be updated for this in any way until
the patch #3 comes out officially, unless it just be to recognize the 0x562
__BORLANDC__ level in the appropriate configuration file. In other words,
testing out what has been fixed or changed in this unofficial patch, and
changing Boost libraries accordingly, may well be premature.

"Alisdair Meredith" <alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>
> > Pavel Vozenilek mentioned in private email that Borland had a C++
Builder
> > Update 3 at
ftp://ftp.borland.com/pub/bcppbuilder/devsupport/patches/bcpp6/