From: Howard Hinnant (hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-20 17:04:45

On Friday, December 20, 2002, at 04:40 PM, Samuel Krempp wrote:

> ok. So, you mean the codewarrior compiler that was previously used for
> the
> regression must have been linked statically to the C++ lib, while the
> new
> one is linked dynamically, and thus locale-disabled ?

That was my working theory, but Beman says I'm wrong.

> I come to think, wouldn't it be better if the no-locale situation was
> implemented by having a fake 'locale' object and empty related
> functions ?
> (allows writing locale-enabled code, and the compiler just ignores it)

We're working on a better solution for Pro 9.

> in anycase, the lines causing the error here were the only ones I had
> left
> out of #ifndef BOOST_NO_STD_LOCALE blocks, so adding such #ifndef
> should
> fix the failure, with or without locales enabled in the codewarrior
> being
> used. I'll try that..

That sounds like a reasonable thing to do. But it also seems like we
have a minor mystery here.

In metrowerks.hpp I see:

# ifdef _MSL_NO_LOCALE
# define BOOST_NO_STD_LOCALE
# endif

which seems right. But if this is statically linking, (and thus not
including <UseDLLPrefix.h.>), I see no reason BOOST_NO_STD_LOCALE
should be getting turned on.

-Howard