From: Fernando Cacciola (fernando_cacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-20 17:09:06

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 3:40 PM
Subject: Re: [boost] Compile-time print

> "Fernando Cacciola" <fernando_cacciola_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> >> I don't really understand what's going on with it, but Comeau online
> >> is rejecting it:
> >>
> > Yes, I've just tested it and Comeau says the comparing chars of
different
> > types is an error, not a diagnostic.
>
> The code is not comparing chars, but pointers to chars.

I just get back to this...

The idea is basically to do anything that issues a warning but not an error.
The following generates a warning both on BCC and Comeau online: ( (signed
int)(-1) < (unsigned int)(1) )
I've updated the macros to use this as the triggering diagnostic.New header
attached here.

If the trick is working on most of the boost target compilers, I can polish
it up and write a doc so it can be included in /utility or /detail.

Fernando Cacciola