From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-24 14:55:29

First, thanks to Doug Gregor for this library. I have a few suggestions
which I will throw out without having examined the internals at all. The
suggestions are intended to make the signals library interface a little
easier to use.

One should be able to order the call of slots when connecting them to a
signal by saying that a slot should currently come first or last in the
overall order without having to manually manufacturer low and high group
numbers. This is especially so because disparate slots will not know about
the group numbers of other slots in a signal-slot system.

One should be able to say sig.disconnect(someslot) in the same way that one
says sig,connect(someslot).

Combiners are neat but a better explanation of their general signature(s)
would be appreciated. I can just make it out from the examples but I imagine
other users might not be able to.

Borland has had a simple signal/slot mechanism in C++ Builder (__closures)
at least 7 years previous to MS .NET's incarnation. Just thought you should
know.