From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-03 03:48:59

While having major trouble compiling boost with HP/aC++ I was looking for
compiler-patches on the HP-site. Now I was surprised to see that the version
I have installed is not yet reported on the HP support site. I have version :

harry:/home/tk >aCC -V
aCC: HP aC++/ANSI C B3910B A.05.38 [Sep 12 2002]

while the most recent version on the support site of HP is 5.37 ?!

Check out :
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/tech/tech_TechSoftwareDetailPage_IDX/1,1703,1740,00.html#support

OTOH, looking at the status-pages for HP on the boost-site (using the
previous version of the regression test suite, I'm still _trying_ to compile
the new version but having trouble to compile it) Jens Maurer's compilation
was'nt that bad.

So to understand the whole issue of boost on HP better, and while trying to
figure out the diff between the versions 1.x, 3.x and 5.x (Jens was on 3.3,
I'm on 5.38), I would be interested to know about which aCC versions are used
by all of you and which boost-libs you are using succesfully with your aCC
compiler ?

Thanks for any feedback and insight !

(you can respond on the list (preferable) or in private if you prefer that.

toon