From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-03 10:19:56

Toon Knapen <toon.knapen_at_[hidden]> writes:

> While having major trouble compiling boost with HP/aC++ I was looking for
> compiler-patches on the HP-site. Now I was surprised to see that the version
> I have installed is not yet reported on the HP support site. I have version :
>
> harry:/home/tk >aCC -V
> aCC: HP aC++/ANSI C B3910B A.05.38 [Sep 12 2002]
>
> while the most recent version on the support site of HP is 5.37 ?!

I was working with "B3910B A.03.39", no date specified.

> Check out :
> http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/tech/tech_TechSoftwareDetailPage_IDX/1,1703,1740,00.html#support
>
> OTOH, looking at the status-pages for HP on the boost-site (using
> the previous version of the regression test suite, I'm still
> _trying_ to compile the new version but having trouble to compile
> it) Jens Maurer's compilation was'nt that bad.

Not surprising. Type traits, which are at the core of almost
everything boost, have changed substantially.

> So to understand the whole issue of boost on HP better, and while
> trying to figure out the diff between the versions 1.x, 3.x and 5.x
> (Jens was on 3.3, I'm on 5.38), I would be interested to know about
> which aCC versions are used by all of you and which boost-libs you
> are using succesfully with your aCC compiler ?

I can post the bjam results from the status directory when they
finish. Currently, the test library fails to build, which I'm sure
prevents many tests from running.

--
                       David Abrahams