From: John Maddock (jm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-09 06:49:17

> I'm working on the port to HPUX (recently I've send a few msg's out on
this)
> but have trouble compiling the regression-reporting tools. Already patched
> few things in MPL but now the filesystem lib is causing headeaches. If you
> and/or Jens (did previous ports to HP) could help me out ... ?
>
> Once these tools compile, I'll provide fresh status pages every friday
like I
> do for IBM.

That would be excellent - however can you not install a copy of gcc in order
to get started? Once the regression tests are being run and results are
regularly reported, one would hope that authors will gradually port their
libraries to HP. Otherwise you're going to have to liase with the author of
whichever lib is causing the problems, I worry that in the absence of
regression test feedback, changes to library A will break the regression
test helpers on HP before you've fixed the problems on library B :-(
Remember also that the regression test programs are regularly tested with
gcc, so at least using that you know that you have a solid foundation from
which to start your tests...

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm