From: Terje Slettebø (tslettebo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-09 08:15:55

>From: "John Maddock" <jm_at_[hidden]>

> > While working on the lexical_cast proposition, I found that the
following
> > code works on Comeau C++, GCC 3.2 and Borland C++ Builder 6.0, but fails
> on
> > Intel C++ 7.0, in strict mode:
>
> If it is that compiler specific, and is only effecting one library, then
why
> not use BOOST_WORKAROUND ?

Yes, that can be done. I had seen the discussion here about it a while ago,
but as I didn't find anything like that in the Boost.Config docs, I didn't
think of it. I've found it now in boost/detail/workaround.hpp, though.

> > Also, while we're at it, as Dave Abrahams notes in
> > boost/config/compiler/intel.hpp, there is a difference between version
5.0
> > and 6.0, in that the latter supports template template arguments, while
> the
> > former does not, so it should probably set BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_TEMPLATES
for
> > versions prior to 6.0.
>
> I'm hoping that the section:
>
> #if (__EDG_VERSION__ <= 244) && !defined(BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_TEMPLATES)
> # define BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_TEMPLATES
> #endif
>
> in common_edg.hpp does that ?

Ah, I hadn't noticed that one. No wonder there were so few #define's in
intel.hpp. :)

Regards,

Terje