From: Rene Rivera (grafik666_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-09 12:12:35

[2003-01-09] Toon Knapen wrote:

>On Thursday 09 January 2003 16:06, David Abrahams wrote:
>> > is giving me trouble due to the LOCATE_TARGET. This apparantly makes
>> > that the sources are searched for in the bin subdir ?! Should'nt it
>> > be removed ?
>>
>> No, it means that targets will be placed in the bin subdir.
>
>OK, found the problem. Apparantly on my HP machine I should leave out the
>CC=gcc. BTW John I made sure that no command-line options are needed on the
>command-line to compile jamboost so I certainly prefer to remove the
>"CC=gcc". Is that OK ?
>
>> However, Rene has put together some new build scripts for bjam. The
>> new recommended procedure is:
>>
>> bash ./build.sh
>
>Apparantly does not know aCC yet ;(

It's doesn't because I haven't had time to add it since the toolset appeared
in Boost.Build ;-) I'll try and add ASAP. ... Question on this... Is it a
possibility to install only the C compiler (cc) without the C++ compiler
(aCC)? I'm asking to see if I can use the presense of "aCC" as an indicator
that it's all installed.

> But why is it necessary. Had no trouble
>recently compiling jam_src with make on all platforms (I know, I should
>follow the discussions in the jamboost-ml more closely but so little time;(
?

It was necessary for when I built on Win32 with CW, which is why I added a
build.bat. And then to make things consistent I also added a build.sh to
mirror it. It does have the benefit that it's much easier to use than trying
to remember the option to pass to make to compile on each platform.

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera_at_[hidden] - grafik_at_[hidden]
-- 102708583_at_icq