From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-15 20:20:18

> That's a long way of supporting Vladimir's views above. People first need
> just command line arguments, then later realize a config file would be
> nice. And yes, the transition should be simple and transparent.
>
> --Beman

I do not argue that an ability to support other configuration means could be
convinient *in some cases*. My point is in much more frequently rigid
coupling of cla and config file support will be undesired burden.
   IMO expressed in other post we need separate components responsible for
every configuration source. Support for "simple and transparent transition"
could be done on higher level on top of above components.

Gennadiy.