From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrewalex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-17 11:14:51

> I'd like to draw an analogy with shared_ptr. You can provide smart pointer
> with 5 policy parameters, that user can redefine. Still, I would use
> boost::shared_ptr, just because I don't want 10 incompatible smart
pointers in
> my program due to small advantage each one has in special situation.

Ok, I can't hold it :o). It's funny how policy_based smart pointers have
been vigurously disapproved by some boost participants for various reasons,
yet anytime I log in here there's discussion about a yet another
smart_pointer du jour, designed from scratch, and most of the time
incompatible with all others.

It's not about small advantages it's about.

Andrei