From: Matthias Troyer (troyer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-20 08:03:38

On Saturday, January 18, 2003, at 12:55 PM, John Maddock wrote:
> If you can test and supply patches they would be much appreciated,
> come to
> that, I don't suppose you would like to volunteer to regularly run the
> regression tests on that platform would you (no problem if you can't
> though)? Testing on Cray would be useful if only because the
> architecture
> is so different from the usual 32-bit platforms we test on.

I tried to run the regression test but the first problem I encountered
is that jam does not seem to work on a Cray machine:

athos:> sh ./build.sh cc
###
### Using 'cc' toolset.
###
rm -rf bootstrap.cc
mkdir bootstrap.cc
cc -o bootstrap.cc/jam0 command.c compile.c execnt.c execunix.c
execvms.c expand.c filent.c fileos2.c fileunix.c filevms.c glob.c
hash.c hdrmacro.c headers.c jam.c jambase.c jamgram.c lists.c make.c
make1.c newstr.c option.c parse.c pathunix.c pathvms.c regexp.c rules.c
scan.c search.c subst.c timestamp.c variable.c modules.c strings.c
filesys.c builtins.c pwd.c
./bootstrap.cc/jam0 -f build.jam --toolset=cc --toolset-root=
./build.sh[3]: 48150 Floating exception(coredump)

Can one run the regression tests without jam?

Matthias