From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-20 13:44:03

At 09:48 PM 1/19/2003, Douglas Gregor wrote:

>> -- Footer should have a "revised" date. I like the horizon rule,
too.

>A "generated" date would be easy; a "revised" date isn't so easy, because

>it's not trivial to figure out when something used in the list changed.

For this page it probably isn't a problem, but for regular doc pages I
personally like to know the revision date.

>> Have you check to verify there won't be any CVS "churn" once this
becomes
>> something that is checked into CVS? (Unless, of course, there is a real
>> change on the page.)
>
>I'm not expecting this page to go into CVS, but to be autogenerated
nightly
>along with the rest of the documentation.

I guess I'm still unsure how the generated HTML docs are going to be
integrated with the rest of the web site and CVS.

My understanding was that the docs in formats other than HTML would go on a
separate web site, but that the source and HTML would be on the regular
site. I assumed that also meant they would be in the regular CVS.

--Beman