From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-21 11:29:21

At 03:54 AM 1/21/2003, Toon Knapen wrote:

>> OTHO, it is nice to have a set in CVS at the
>> time of each release.
>That was my intention. To have a status page for every release. Currently

>boost/status/compiler_status.html actually always points to the status of

>the CVS (indeed the regression system version 2 was used for the last
>release and only therefor there's a distinction between CVS and release
>status pages).
>So I would suggest that this page has one link per comiler. But at the
>release we rename the files on sourceforge (e.g. cs-aix.html would become

>cs-aix_rev_1_30.html). This would mean that the status page for the
release
>is stable. The status pages that will be updated daily after the release
>still will be called cs-aix.html. Opinions ?

Overall, that seems like a good approach.

Plus it has given me a better idea of requirements:

* boost-root/status/*.html files in CVS should not have to be changed for
each release. (Note this applies to both compiler_status.html itself and
other files in that directory.)

* Regression testers (and the scripts they run) should not have to do
anything special or different for a release.

* The Release Manager will be responsible for renaming files on SourceForge
at the time of a release. Using a script will ensure nothing gets
forgotten.

* Users should be able to view status tables for either the current CVS
state or for past releases.

I'll work on refining the specifics over the next few days.

Thanks,

--Beman