From: Matthias Troyer (troyer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-21 14:47:56

On Tuesday, January 21, 2003, at 07:43 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:

> At 12:23 PM 1/21/2003, Matthias Troyer wrote:
>
> >I could get jam to compile and could start the regression tests with a
> >couple of patches to Makefiles and scripts. Now I am stuck, since for
> >each library the regression tests abort with an error message such as:
> >
> >*** Error: std::runtime_error: boost::filesystem::directory_iterator
> >constructor: "/u/ph/troyer/boost/libs/type_traits/test/bin": No such
> >file or directory
> >
> >Should these directories be created automatically, or should they
> >already be present? For now I can just create all of them by hand, but
> >I would like to find the origin of this problem. Can anyone help me?
>
> That message looks like it is coming from process_jam_log or
> compiler_status. If so, it is caused by bjam putting outputs in one
> location but then the post-bjam processing steps looking for them in
> another location.

Yes, you are correct and I am tracking down the problem. It seems that
there are some problems starting the regression tests: bjam runs for 10
minutes, without writing anything into the log file, and without
actually doing any compilations. Since nothing is actually done, of
course these directories don't exist.

> If that doesn't give you enough information to fix the problem, please
> post the actual commands you are using, including the initial cd which
> sets the current directory. Also, you might want to look at
> boost-root/tools/regression/run_tests.sh if you haven't done so
> already.

I already had to patch this file in a couple of places since the Cray
'test' command does not work as on other machines.

I guess the best way to proceed is if I run the regression tests on a
machine where they work, to see what the output should be, and then to
see where the Cray differs.

Matthias