From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-21 13:43:28

At 12:23 PM 1/21/2003, Matthias Troyer wrote:

>I could get jam to compile and could start the regression tests with a
>couple of patches to Makefiles and scripts. Now I am stuck, since for
>each library the regression tests abort with an error message such as:
>
>*** Error: std::runtime_error: boost::filesystem::directory_iterator
>constructor: "/u/ph/troyer/boost/libs/type_traits/test/bin": No such
>file or directory
>
>Should these directories be created automatically, or should they
>already be present? For now I can just create all of them by hand, but
>I would like to find the origin of this problem. Can anyone help me?

That message looks like it is coming from process_jam_log or
compiler_status. If so, it is caused by bjam putting outputs in one
location but then the post-bjam processing steps looking for them in
another location.

If that doesn't give you enough information to fix the problem, please post
the actual commands you are using, including the initial cd which sets the
current directory. Also, you might want to look at
boost-root/tools/regression/run_tests.sh if you haven't done so already.

--Beman